Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goal #1

The dogs did not get their pre-breakfast walk this morning.  We all were too hungry to do it so we'll plan on doing something later after it cools down.  Instead I had my coffee and oatmeal.  Love!  My oatmeal this morning was coach's oats (from Costco) with chia seeds, raisins, some chopped almonds, banana and some peanut butter.  So good.  I get all these great ideas from reading other fitness and food blogs online.  So incredible the amount of information you can find and the awesome food ideas.  I could spend a whole day reading them :)  It gets a little overwhelming though... I feel like there are so many foods I should be trying and different products to incorporate into my diet but if I try to incorporate all of them I'd be eating A LOT.  So anyways, I've just been experimenting a little bit and plan to try some protein powders in the near future and generally just picking and choosing what works for me / us.

 I did make these AWESOME blueberry crumb bars the other day that I found on this site:  http://canyoustayfordinner.com/2010/06/19/blueberry-crumb-bars/  Its a great blog and she has some really yummy looking baked goods I want to try making.  On a side note I just did a spinning class at noon which I think just about blew out my ear drums.  Why do they have to have the music so loud...really... I'm not out clubbing.  Am I getting old?  Anyways, I then came home and made an ugly but tasty omelet.  It had leftover yellow squash we grilled the other night, black beans, garlic, cheese, LOTS of homemade salsa all wrapped in 1 egg + ~ 1/2 c egg whites.  I say ugly because apparently my skills at getting an omelet out of a pan onto the plate are quite lacking.  When I tried to dump it out it unfolded and kind of just became a lump of stuff but it was still good!

Now I'm looking forward to dinner.  Yes, I literally just finished lunch and am already planning ahead.  We all have to have goals don't we!  Actually I'm thinking of having something sweet(ish) so maybe some strawberries.  I know for dinner we're having grilled shark wraps.  We've got this ezekiel wrap and inside it'll be shark and something else.  Dave mentioned homemade coleslaw but I need to look up a recipe.

So many things to do and oh yeah.. I'm working too ;)

The other day I listed my 2010 goal list I found buried in my bedside table.  It contained 14 goals.  Maybe I'll comment on goal #1 today and see how its going.  So # 1 was "Eat more veggies as snacks".  So I think I could definitely ramp this up a little bit or I might scrap this as a goal.  We do eat a decent amount of veggies in our meals and it seems like more than we used to eat so I think we're improving.  As far as snacking on veggies I think I was being a little overzealous on this one.  I don't really 'snack' on veggies and can't really think of veggies I want to snack on but you know I can always try.  I just doubt I'll be having a bowl of broccoli in front of the TV next time I watch one of my completely non-educational reality shows!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I eat a bag of mixed vegetables in my lunch every day. Sometimes its a bag of celery. I used to eat snap peas, but had a bad batch. Now I don't eat them.