Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to real life

I just finished posting about my awesome birthday weekend and feel like I sped through those posts..mostly so I wouldn't forget anything. But I think those speed posts don't let me get into the little details and observations which I'll make sure I try to do more often. I did forget to mention the killer dinner Dave made for us on Saturday night when we got home. We had stopped at the farmers market in Carlsbad before we left Saturday and picked up some lettuces, red pepper, jalapeno, broccoli and some fruit. So that night after making a trip to Henry's for fish Dave made a pan fried Sea Bass over black forbidden rice with a side of steamed broccoli and before that we had a salad with our farmers market lettuce, roasted red pepper and roasted jalapeno. It was all really really good...totally restaurant quality. I'm glad he was in charge of dinner that night :) I need to find a farmers market around here to check out. I like the idea of buying local produce grown by people in the area. We are trying our best to eat 'whole foods' and not as many processed things but we aren't fanatic about it. I also would love to eat more organically but need to do some more research on what I should focus on because some of it can get pretty expensive. Then on top of that I'd like to try to eat locally (food that isn't transported as far) AND we are trying to eat more veggies and less meat. Phew...it gets tough :)



Today I sit here and wait for the cable guy to come because our DVR broke before we headed out for our weekend. Its strange. I am not sure how I feel about it. On Sunday Dave had to work from 12-10 so I had the whole day alone with no work and no DVR. This forced me to really do some chores and get out of the house. I did feel a little withdrawal from some of my programs - c'mon..who can live without The next foodnetwork star or Kendra or Top Chef Masters. Ok, so I'll live. Its almost a little bit freeing to not have all this TV to watch... that isn't to say I'm ready to go DVRless and believe me once its back in the house I'm a slave to it but we'll see. Maybe I'll try to institute a no TV day a week. Dave says if we ever do get our house down in Carlsbad area that we won't get cable and only will have the TV for DVD's..hmmmm I'm not all on board yet.

That just left the rest of the day to do some work and prep veggie's for my Turkey chili which is always a satisfying and flavorful meal full of tons of vegetables. Then Dave had to head to work at 6pm but I had enough time to head out and get dessert at Berries yogurt :) So that just leaves me time to ride my bike on the trainer in the house and hit the sack. Tomorrow is Pilates and homemade pizza ;)

No comments: