Friday, October 10, 2008

6th day - Thursday, October 9th 2008

Today is Thursday! Dave and I slept in a little bit and then went out jogging at about 8:30 while Mom stayed home to relax. During our run we ran along a shoreline path that went in front of the really nice resorts in Wailea.. it was a nice run. Then we headed back up to the sidewalk we normally run and were on the way back to the car. Dave was way ahead of me at this point and I had just passed where we parked and looked down at my watch to figure out how long I had to run before I should turn around to head back to the car.. so I'm calculating this in my head when my toe caught a lip of the sidewalk and I went down on the ground! It was slow-mo and at first I thought 'I think I can catch myself' then it was 'nope.. I'm going to fall'. So I fell kind of on my side but it probably looked like I was sliding into home base. So I slide and kind of turn on my back and my legs roll up a little and I look to see if any cars were driving by and of course there was so I quickly popped back up thinking 'please don't stop.. please don't stop' and they didn't so I kept jogging until they were out of sight at which point I started walking and said sh*t that hurt. I wasn't bleeding and nothing was broken. Just a little scrape and I'm sure a bruise on my hip.. but I was able to start jogging again and finish it out. Apparantly I need to keep an eye on my feet.

After our jog we came back and showered and got ready to head into Lahaina for lunch. We ate at Kimo's where mom and I both had fish and chips and dave and some fish thing. Their patio is great for dining too... right on the water for good ocean views. After that we got ice cream and then headed back home so Dave could get ready for his night dive. The night dive met at the harbor at 3pm so mom and I dropped him off at the boat harbor. When we get there there is a guy waiting to trade flip-flops with Dave. So, what had happened was on Tuesday when we did our dives, everyone puts their shoes into a bin when they get on the boat. So at the end of the dive I went to pick up our shoes when I saw 2 pairs of the same flip flops in the giant size. So I pick them both out and the other guy whose shoes I am holding says.. 'I have really big feet; mine are probably the bigger ones'. So Dave says I THINK mine are 14 and the guy says mine are 13. So I compare and give the guys the slightly smaller pair which he then starts to put on and says .. oh no.. these are too small.. mine are the bigger ones. Um, ok.. that's fine. So Dave takes the smaller ones and puts them on and we get off the boat. What is funny about this is the night before I was JUST telling him I thought he had bought his flip flops too big and he should have gotten the smaller size. So now, he actually did! So we watch the other guy and he is walking around like its all fine.. meanwhile he's got a good 2.5 inches of shoe behind his heel. Clearly the wrong ones! But he was SURE his were the bigger ones and so we figured...whatever! This guys was goofy anyways so it made it even better to watch him walk around in giant flip flops. So we hang around a few minutes later to get our stuff and he still seems happy. Well apparantly he came back tonight to the harbor somehow knowing Dave was doing the night dive just to switch flip-flops. So now Dave is back into his old pair and the goofy guy finally has his issues all figured out! What a goober.

Anyways, now its time for mom and I to head into Wailea to do some shopping. We both bought a few things which makes it a good shopping trip. Then we walked over to the Grand Wailea to check out the grounds. Its really pretty there and the lobby is so grand with all the statues and its very open air. Then we drove over to the Four Seasons for a sunset cocktail. They've got some really great view and nice breezes coming through there. Then it was off to the PuPu Lounge for some appetizers. By that time it was just about time for Dave to get back so we picked him up at the harbor and got some Hawaiian shave ice for dessert. yummy.

No comments: