Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back home for a little bit

We got back from San Luis Obispo this past Monday and don't have any trips coming up really soon so its nice just to get back to 'normal' for a little bit. Spend some time with the doggies and get some housework type stuff done. Plus, when I'm not traveling its a little bit easier to focus on work which this week has been busy with. That on top of the fact that I need to settle back into a good diet and drop the vacation 5 which actually turned into the vacation 10 and is now down to the vacation 7. So.. I can handle 7. It'll take a little while and I'm a little bummed at myself for letting it happen but I'll get it back. But then I had wanted to see if I could reach my goal weight which is 5 lbs lower than losing my vaca 7. It makes it hard when you crave dessert every night and sometimes after lunch too. So I probably need to work on that but really outside of that we eat good food..I probably just eat too much of it and the dessert thing is the kicker. I think really though it was the vacationing. A lot of our vaca's revolved around races and such so I was getting some good workouts but for me vacationing always = eating at great restaurants and pretty much no limits on what I order or drink so it can add up pretty quick. That coupled with the fact that 2 of my trips were not race related (Vegas girls trip and Phoenix work trip) neither of those included any workouts so here I sit with my lucky 7.

I do plan to do a long run/walk tomorrow of 12 miles. Running as much of it as I can and walking the rest but doing the whole thing. But it means I need to get up early because its been freakin HOT here. I don't particularly like getting up early so there is my issue. Have no fear though I will get it done!

So, not too much exciting around here lately besides cooking and working and working out. Oh...we are looking at places in Carlsbad and have actually made an offer on a place there. I'm so excited but a little nervous so we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: