Sunday, October 21, 2007

Day one – Sunday


I woke up before Dave and went for a walk on the beach just outside the condo. It’s a nice quiet beach without a lot of people since there aren’t any “resorts” on the beach. It was already hot and humid when I was walking which was about 8am. I got back about 8:45 and Dave woke up. We got up and drove to Wailea to do our weekly long run. My plan was to do 7 miles and Dave to do 8. We parked at the shops at Wailea and started running. There were more hills than I thought and it was humid out. So I made it to my 3.5 mile turnaround and headed back. Just short of 6 miles I had to start walking and walked the rest of the way. Dave had to walk also at his 6.5 mile mark. After that we had Jawz fish tacos from a taco stand on the side of the road. They were really good and we think it’s the same people that used to be called Maui tacos that we had 6 years ago. After our tacos and smoothie we went back to the condo and relaxed then went for a walk on the beach followed by a swim in the pool. Later that evening we went out for dinner to Pacific O’. It was in a great location right on the beach.. we got a table outside which is a must. The cocktails weren’t very good but the dinner was great! We both had Monchong prepared in 2 different ways. After a filling dinner we had to finish it off with dessert which was pureed banana and pineapple in a puff pastry crust fried and topped with ice creatm. Then with our bellies full we headed home to bed for an early start tomorrow.

No comments: